4.13.2008

weekend update

We had our garage sale yesterday, and I have to say it was fairly successful. Although, we had so much stuff that I think we'll have to do another sale in a few weeks with the left overs. I really thought Emma's baby clothes would be a big hit, but not this weekend! Eric did sell his Cannondale, which was good but bittersweet. He had a lot of good memories with that bike, and I did see tears well up in his eyes as the guy took it away. He didn't ride it anymore and has a nice new bike so there really wasn't any reason to keep it. Can't hang on to everything! The guy who bought it is giving it to his son to ride in the STP this year. Eric rode the Cannondale in the STP twice so it is nice to know that it will be making the trek yet again.

We really lucked out yesterday with great weather; I didn't see the news but it must have been atleast 70 and I got some color...well, in the form of a sunburn but hey thats something! Emma had a great time playing outside, toddling around in her sqeaky shoes (so as not to lose her outside while we were busy selling off our goods). She really loves playing outside and I can't wait for the weather to be nicer all the time. I'm more than ready for summer, considering we had snow just last month, in Seattle no less!

We finally met our next door neighbors, Rob and Michelle. They moved in around the holidays and are remodeling their house. They seem so nice and I feel bad for not going over sooner to introduce myself.

Now that the sale is over I can finally get to the much needed housework that was neglected all last week in preperation. Eric and I were so exhausted last night though that we didn't get anything done. But alas, laundry is going and the kitchen is clean! Now on to bathroom cleaning and vacuuming, woohoo!

Eric is heading down to his parents this afternoon to do our taxes (they have TurboTax and we do not). We are a little late, getting down to the wire actually, oops! But I know it will get done so I'm not too worried.

Time to get back to the housework, it certainly won't do itself!

No comments: