7.10.2008

STP




This weekend we are off (slowly) on the Seattle to Portland ride. Well, I should re-phrase that, Eric will be doing the actual riding and I will be driving as his "PSV"-Personal Support Vehicle. The ride starts bright and early on Saturday morning at 7am from REI in downtown Seattle and follows backroads to the mid-point stop of Centralia Community College which will be our camping spot for the night. They will be broadcasting the Tour de France for all the riders at the CC, as well as having food vendors set up and...a BEER GARDEN, which will I'm sure be much needed for all the riders after such a long day! The next day will be the finish, riding backroads again until they reach Portland.
Eric has a friend from high school riding with him; Matt is flying in tomorrow from Cape Cod, MA. They reconnected at their 10 year reunion last October and finally committed to this ride, after years of talking about it during and shortly after high school.
I know Eric has really been looking forward to this and I'm really excited for him. He's going to be exhausted for sure, but I know he'll do awesome!!

No comments: